Tuesday 9 April 2013

4 to the floor - that's US!

So I guess it's customary to welcome you all and introduce ourselves onto blogland. We're two house music loving folks, who thought we could give back to a wider audience what we've been doing from our little London base(s) to the local music scene.

 We started a night in East London called 4 to the Floor, which wanted to fill the need for dancers and house lovers to jam after Jimbo finished his Groove Sanctuary nights at Madame Jojo's on Sunday nights. We wanted to play everything that dancers grooved to that had a 4/4 beat mainly house music but also some disco, boogie, minimal tech, afrobeat and Latin.

Let me introduce you first to Eddieboi from South Africa. He comes from a place where house music is everyday music and this music is ingrained in his DNA. I have never met anyone who champions house music like he does!!! Growing up in a little village in South Africa, he has brought his amazing music to the Big Smoke. I truly admire his love of house music and it is an honour to be working with one of the nicest guys on the planet.

 I myself have grown up with rock music in my early teens, hip hop and reggae in my later teens and then onto soul, funk and disco as my tastes broadened. House music really became important when I started house dancing while in Paris - where the predominant house music at the time was African influenced, percussive and minimal.

I hope this blog to be a celebration of house music, in all its manifestations, from the early influences of disco to acid house, broken beat, deep house, minimal, soulful grooves, maybe a tad of jazz fusion.... It's all about the music, as they say and about keeping an open mind.....

No comments:

Post a Comment